Feb. 21, 2018
KHS News Team
Teacher Sponsors Mrs. Woods, Mr. Redd
Teacher Sponsors Mrs. Woods, Mr. Redd
- For all Spanish Honor Society members, there will be a meeting TOMORROW Thursday, February 22, 2017 in C12.
- Congratulations to George Mitchell for being the only one of three Kecoughtan's state competitors to place in the state finals for wrestling. George Mitchell placed fifth in the heavy weight class.
- It is very important that you sign in with your complete name when you use the library in the morning. Passes are not required before the bell at 8:15, but we need your full name in case of an emergency. When you walk in the door, stop at the library desk and put your full name on the sign in sheet. Please help us with this important task.
- This week is week four. Here’s your financial tidbit for the day: You have until June to complete the FAFSA, but it’s best to submit it as early as possible. The sooner your information is in, the sooner you will get information about your financial aid package. More often than not, those with early submissions receive more money.
- Students who quality for math honor society: applications are available from your math teachers and online. To see if you qualify, complete an application and bring to Ms. Yannarella in PC-1 no later than February 28.
- National Honor Society Junior and Senior Candidates! Invitations to apply will be distributed to those eligible through English classes on Tuesday, February 13. Read and follow the directions carefully.
- Attention National Honor Society Students! In order to be in good standing and have the National Honor Society cord for graduation, your $15 dues must be paid to Ms. Dunn in Annex 4 no later than April 13th. The first 25 students to pay dues will also receive a NHS keychain!
- Boys and girls varsity and junior varsity soccer tryout will begin on Monday February 19, 2018 at 3:30 pm. All players interested in playing soccer must attend. All participants must have a current physicaL.
- Science National Honor Society is now accepting applications for the upcoming Induction class. This is open to juniors and seniors who meet the required criteria. Applications can be picked a science teacher or Ms. Massey as well as from the SNHS folder across the hallway from the water fountain on the F Hall. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Massey in F11.
- This is a reminder that Edgenuity assistance is available each Tuesday & Wednesday after-school in Annex 2. If you are scheduled for after-school sessions or would like to spend some extra time on your course, please attend!
- Diversity club will be having a meeting, Monday Feb. 19 celebrating Black History Month after school in Mr. Sharps room A3
- Due to SOL testing, Mr. Bigelow's music production class will be meeting in the guitar room.
- Attention Dual Enrollment students: Please turn in your TNCC registration forms to Ms. Elazier. If she is not in her office, you may slide them under her door. Thank you.
- Varsity and JV softball will hold tryouts starting MONDAY February 19th at 3:30 at the softball field, you must have a valid VHSL physical on file to tryout. if you have questions see coach Redd in C15
- The Spring ASVAB will be given on Tuesday, March 20th at 9:00 in the Library. Students in grades 10 through 12 who are interested in taking the ASVAB should visit the link on the KHS webpage to register. Seating is limited to 60 students, so be sure to register early.
- Mrs. Harry is postponing the extra credit test until Wednesday, February 21st from 3:15 - 4:30 PM in room 233.
- The Fellowship of Christian Athletes will meet tomorrow, Tuesday, Feb. 20 morning before school in the Gym. There will be free snacks and a basketball challenge.
- Congratulations to both show choirs for a job well done at the Clover Hill Show Choir Invitational. Touch of Jade placed 3rd runner up and Harbor Lights placed 2nd runner up. Also both Harbor Lights and Touch of Jade received the BEST SHOWMANSHIP awardship overall. Congratularions to Payton Grubb for receiving The Showmanship award for Both Harbor Lights and Touch of Jade and to Lee Ross for receiving the Showmanship Award for Harbor Lights
THIS WEEK IN SPORTS (Don't forget to double check the schedule posted on the athletics web page in case of postponed or cancelled games. Schedules can change quickly due to weather