Required Summer Reading For All Students
Visit the HCS Language Arts Department web page for more information
GET INSPIRED - Watch a video featuring trailers for each book.
Kecoughtan High School Summer Reading List for Dual Enrollment English
Contact Mrs. Duckworth email@example.com with any questions.
Listed below are the reading assignments for each grade level.
Please have ALL of the books from your grade level read before the first day of class. We will begin activities with these books immediately, and you do not want to fall behind.
Dual Enrollment English 11
- The Awakening by Kate Chopin
- A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest J. Gaines
- Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
Dual Enrollment English 12
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
- How to Read Literature Like a Professor by Thomas C. Foster
Introduction: How’d He Do That
Chapter 1: Everything Is a Quest (Except When It’s Not)
Chapter 2: Nice to Eat with You: Acts of Communion
Chapter 22: He’s Blind for a Reason, You Know
Chapter 23: It’s Never Just Heart Disease….And Rarely Just Illness