May 7, 2019
Dear Parent/Guardian of a Graduating Senior,
Congratulations on your child completing one of life’s first milestones: high school graduation! Remember that graduation is June 14th at 7:00 p.m. sharp at the Hampton Coliseum. We ask graduating seniors to arrive by 6:00 p.m., and enter through the employee’s entrance in the back of the Coliseum. They are not allowed to wear their caps and gowns into the Coliseum, as all students and guests must go through the security checkpoint before entering the Coliseum. Guests are to enter through the normal Hampton Coliseum entrance. Please prepare for traffic, as it is always heavy on graduation day.
GRADUATE DRESS: Be sure your senior is in the appropriate attire for graduation.
FEMALES: Female graduates should wear dark slacks, dress, or skirt, and a light-colored dress blouse with dark shoes. High heels are not recommended for reasons of safety and comfort, flats or pumps are suggested. The cap is worn flat on the head. The gown should fall midway between the knee and ankle. Tassels are worn on the right side and shifted to the left when graduates receive their diplomas. Women are allowed to keep their caps on during the National Anthem.
MALES: Male graduates wear dark trousers, dark socks, shoes, and a neatly-pressed, light-colored dress shirt with dark tie underneath the academic gown. The cap is worn flat on the head. The gown should fall midway between the knee and ankle. Tassels are worn on the right side and shifted to the left when graduates receive their diplomas. Men should remove their caps during the school song and the National Anthem.
We ask that the audience dress appropriately in order to match the decorum of the graduation ceremony. NO DENIM OF ANY KIND WILL BE ALLOWED.
MEN: Dress slacks, shirt with collar, necktie recommended
WOMEN: Dress, suit, pantsuit or skirt or blouse
All guests, including children (regardless of age), must have a ticket to attend. Each graduate will receive ten (10) tickets for the ceremony.
All students who have been awarded scholarships and grants will have their names, the name of the scholarship(s), and the amount of the scholarship(s) printed in the program. In addition, the students will be recognized as a whole by standing during the ceremony, individual names will not be announced this year because they are printed in the program.
All scholarship and award letters must be turned in to the Kecoughtan H.S. Counseling Department no later than May 24th, 2019 in order to have this information in the program.
The Senior Class will practice for the graduation ceremony on the following dates, students DO NOT need to wear their cap and gown to the practices. All practices are MANDATORY:
May 29th 10:00 - 11:25 am in auditorium for the girls only
May 30th 10:00 – 11:25 am in the auditorium for the boys only.
May 31st 9:30 am in the cafeteria for all graduates.
June 13th 11:00 am-12:30 pm at the Coliseum for all graduates.
Any questions may be directed to Mrs. Lassiter at 850-6835.
Mr. Mark Dorsey
- Orders can be made online at www.jostens.com, select Kecoughtan High School.
- Dr. S. Cason, email address is email@example.com and the phone number is (757)850-5208.
- Sponsor, Ms. P. Lay, email address is firstname.lastname@example.org and the phone number is (757)848-2185
- Graduation Coordinator, Mrs. K. Lassiter, email address is email@example.com and the phone number is (757)850-6835.
- Ceremony will be held on Friday June 14, 2019 at 7:00PM at the Hampton Coliseum.
- Tickets are required and will be limited, approximately 10-12 per student.
- Caps and Gowns are required, the entire package is needed and includes the green cap, gown, tassel and white sash.
- More information will be available after the start of the new year.
- Yearbook sponsor, Ms. A. Gregory, email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, and the phone number is (757) 850-6815.
- If students have not taken their senior pictures, they can call Lifetouch to schedule an appointment outside of school. In order to have the picture in the yearbook, seniors should do this before February 1st.
- Senior ads are on sale for this year’s yearbook. This is a way to commemorate a student’s time in school with pictures and words of endearment. The flyer with pricing is forthcoming but interested parents can contact Ms. Gregory at email@example.com. Yearbooks are on sale for $65 until December 31st. At that point prices increase. They can order online at YearbookOrderCenter.com with code 4541, or bring in a check to Miss Gregory in room C8.
School Counseling Center:
Wednesday May 29th 10:00 am - 11:25 am
Girls only in the Auditorium
Thursday May 30th 10:00 am - 11:25 am
Boys only in the Auditorium
Friday May 31st 9:30 am - 11:00 am
All seniors in the Cafeteria
Thursday June 13th 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
All Seniors at the Hampton Coliseum